Wednesday, May 21, 2008

In memory of Devin Milne~


Now... I don't want everyone freaking out and thinking that Devin Milne has passed away or dead on the road somewhere. Devin got married today-- I am so happy for him. Truely, it just feels like a bitter sweet time.

I met Devin February 11th, 2006. My sister Lanae and brother-in-law set us up. Devin was in there home ward and just got back from his mission. I was kind of inbetween at this point, because I was still dating Cody off and on at this point. But I was open to meet new people. And Devin was my lucky date. We went to Desert Star Theater in Murray and then back to Lanae's house for fun and games. I had a great time with him. I remember the next day he brought me over a Valentine with skittles in it.
Other the coarse of many many months... alot of time hanging out and playing. Traveling and talking Devin and I got pretty close. We had some great and wonderful times. Also some stressful and annoying times. Deving was such a sweet guy. He deserved the world and I was in no place in my life to be able to help him achieve his dreams and goals.
A year has passed now. Devin and I ended up kissing and talking one evening. He proceeded to explain to me his feeling for me. I so badly wanted to reciporcate his feelings back to him. But was in such a place that I couldn't do it. I think that I ended up breaking his heart instead. We drifted and stopped talking.
I heard of Devin's engagment and got taken aback a little. My feelings for him started to hit me and I realized that I cared for him more then I let myself now at that time.. But such as everything else in my life.. I was to late, too late in life to let someone know how I feel. Moments didn't aline in my direction.
So, now here I sit of Devin's Wedding day at work and can't get the past out of my mind. I wish that my life was a little bit of a movie and I could walk up to him and cause a whole scene of drama and poor my little hard out to him in the rain and tell him that he is making a mistake and i was wrong for letting him go! But lucky for Devin, my life may be dramatic like a soap opera, but I wouldn't ever do that to him. I just get to live in his memory and the good times, cry a little, and decide to go out there and find a guy just like him, but ment for me!
To Devin Milne and Lauren.. I truely hope that they have a beautiful and wonderful life together. With much happiness and love and joy.. Lauren is a very lucky girl-- I hope that she knows that-- However, the past is the past! And I am moving on! Thanks for the great times Devin. The memories and for teaching and showing me that there are amazing guys out there--- Congrats!



No comments: