Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day #3


10.2.10

RACE DAY
This morning we had to get up and go down to the expo and pick up our t-shirts and race numbers and packets! I was SO nervous. there were tons of runner and a little bit overwhelming and thinking to myself. What did I get myself into?! and the problem was that we had ALL day to sit around and think about the race at 10 PM.
Terry, Kasi and I all got back to the hotel and decided a nice relaxing day at the pool was just what we needed. We had a good time with our coca-cola and sunglasses chilling in the water. After we played by the pool we relaxed and watched glee and took a nap to gear up for the long run and evening ahead of us. We loaded our buses about 730. I was a mess. I was talking myself out of running and saying i couldn't do it. We got to the MASSIVE field where runner after runner stepped off of the buses. I was very out of my element, but there was not turning back now. You could look right and look left and there were PEOPLE!! Tons of People... over 12,000 people that have all come out to run this race! The killer part was that we still had like 2 hours to walk around and get nervous and talk ourselfs out of running.




It was time to line up in our corrals. I was in corral D... the last corral and all by myself. The clock struck 10 and the fireworks and runners took off running. It took me about 20 mins for the corral D to get to the front of the starting line to take off.. and away we went.... I ran and ran.... and ran.... It was crazy how the adrenaline and energy just takes off inside you. I ran the whole 2 miles without walking... and then mile 3 and 4 were a little more difficult to get through, but then the beginning of mile 4 we entered into the Disney Animal Kingdom... it was so fun to run through the park and see some behind scene things.. Near the end of the Animal Kingdom, the relay runners split for the half marathoner and met up with our 2nd half.. I COMPLETED my portion of the race in 1 hour 2 mins! AHH... I was so excited that I challenged myself and race further then I ever had before.. Some people my say that running 5.1 miles isn't that much but for me it was a big thing... I am not a runner. So to challenge and keep up a really good pace and complete was AWESOME!! I crossed the finish line and got my medal... Which is wicked cool! and there I met Kasi and Little David John too take over so that she could run.

After Kasi and I did a baby switch, she took off running and David and I loaded the bus to see the finish line. I met 4 REALLY nice woman from NYC that helped me out so much with putting David's stroller under the bus and changing his diaper.. etc..
I finally got to Epcot where we were all meeting up and there was thousands and thousands of people everywhere. Terry and I had to search for each other and then had to search for Kasi and Konny. It was a long evening, by time we found everyone we were all so tired to enjoy the festivities we went home (after the mile walk to the buses).
The race was such an amazing experience for each one of us. We all had our fears, trials, and minds to over come. Terry texted me right before we took off running and said, "I'm running this race for you babe." I didn't really think about dedicating the run to anyone.. more proof to myself that i could complete it! Terry ran the ENTIRE 13.1 miles.... not stopping once to catch his breath or relax. That shows such will power and strength in the husband. He set his mind to it and he complete his goal at hand! I love him for that! I love that we challenged our self more then we thoughts we could and had a fun time while doing it! Can't wait for the next challenge we get to step foot in and conquered!! Congrats Terry, Kasi, Konny and me !!! We DID it!!!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You guys did great! That is something to really be proud of...congratulations!

Janet said...

Janeal! I found you. Your blog is adorable. Come and visit mine at queenbbuzz-janet.blogspot.com.

I have missed you guys all week! I was at the house so much and now I'm not and I miss you all. Loves!