Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where were you.....


9.11.10


"Where were you the day the world stopped turning,

on that September day"


I can hardly believe that 9 years ago the world suffered such a tragic loss! Its been such an emotional day of UPs and DOWNs.. to have the memory and to hear the reminder of those stories that day.


I remember I was in 10th grade. I was sitting with some friends in my human biology class. My teacher was listening to the radio and there was a lot of chaos of unknown situation happening in New York. Just about the time the 2nd tower was hit, the principle come over the intercom to annouce that we were under attack and those students that needed to go home could. It was so still... so silent...


The day continued, the next class was American History, how ironic. My teacher was trying everything he could do to get a tv so we could watch the real history of America unfolding. He was giving permission he could take us accross the street to a teachers home. We all crowded into this living room very unprepared for what we were about to see. The two towers were burning.. smoke, flames, people, dust, fire, chaos..... and then it happened, the towers fell.. live on tv.. I remember the gasps!


What was happening? Who was doing this to us... America? Why?


It has been a day of remebrance, a day of hope, a day of reflection...


"Where were you when the world stopped turning,

on that September day?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

college room mate woke me up and drug me to the living room to see the first plane hit. had to run to class but grabbed my little radio on headphones. spanish class. refused to take my earphones out of my ear. heard the second plane hit and stood up in my seat as a complete body reflex. tears just ran down my face. i quietly announced to my stunned class as I had interupted in my stand that the second tower had fallen. half the class still hadn't heard about the first. the whole university cancelled classes. I was all alone at school. I felt alone. I was dating a boy who was supposed to perform at the 2nd tower. He had gotten stuck in traffic that morning. I felt like I couldn't breathe all week.

Garrett and Stefanie said...

I was getting ready for school when I heard on the radio that the first plane crashed into the tower. I ran to the tv and watched--totally stunned that this was happening. I had to finish getting ready for school, but was so anxious to know what else was happening. Then I heard that the second tower was hit...for days (possibly weeks) all I did was come home from school and watch the news, the updates, the footage. It was so haunting and so sickening. To this day I still remember watching the news as they showed video of people jumping from the buildings. I remember feeling SO sad for the families that had to endure the loss and for a country that still endures it to this day.