Monday, August 18, 2008

4th of July

Happy 4th of July

This is always such a fun holiday for me and my family. However, this year was a little different. We didn't have ANYONE in the marching band this year.. Jenna didn't tumble... Lanae and Ryan weren't there.. and the town water fight was pretty lame. But that didn't stop us from enjoying the different celebration around town.. We started the eve before the 4th out right.. Lara, Jenna and I decided taht we would sleep out on the tramp... or the lack of sleep. We were pretty crazy. Mcdonalds at 2.. Jenna running around trying to turn on the side lights.. phone calls.. and mosquitios..

We (being Lara, Mom, Tyler, Dad, and Nick) all went to the Kaysville Parade. It was fun to see Jenna in the Beauty and the Beast float with all of her friends.. The weather was very nice this year with an overcast and bit of wind. During the annual water fight an accident happened down the road, so the water was a quite slow and not as entertaining. Okay, I think I got TWO drops on me.. Oh well, made it so i didn't have to shower later!! ha ha.

After the parade we got the chance to enjoy Jenna in the play Beauty and the Beast. She was our cute little rug. During the performance, Jenna does a tumbling pass across the state, this time around, she knew that we were all watching her and unforturnaly, she slipped on her costume on her pass and fell.. Causing her to Sprain her OTHER ankle, Jenna's new nick name is "sprankles" But we still love her and she is almost all recovered.. The play was Great, Jenna did awesome and Mom played the piano great.

After the wonderful performance, the family got pizza and made home made peach ice cream.. yummy yummy... then the traditional firework up at Davis High.. This year Lara and I were determined to get up close and personal witht he fireworks... so shockly, we faced the Kaysville Traffic(which is minimal) and hiked up to the baseball fields at Davis High.. Woot woot.. we had an awesome time.. Kaysville acutally plays music with there fireworks, Who would have thunk it? :) That was my awesome 4th of July. Time with the family, memories re-made, and some forgotten. It was a good milestone for me to over come.. I am just glad I had my family there to help me!!!

No comments: